Sunday, November 8, 2009

Singapore for sure this time.....

So after Bali we arrived in Singapore for a quick 4 night stay. Singapore was neat, but it is a little expensive and prices are like to those in Canada than the rest of SE Asia. I am certain that if we had stayed any longer in Singapore we would have made the short trip over to Malaysia to save on Accomaodation and food.

Not much exciting to say about Singapore, we had some good times but nothing outrageous. It was nice to be in a western style city again where you can trust the drinking water and use public washrooms free of charge among other small amenities. We stayed in a Hsotel in an area called Little India. It cost $20 Singapore Dollars each for a dorm bed, quite expensive. The price did include a free breakfast inolving 2 eggs and as much toast and jam and coffee as you can drink. I definitely did my best to get the $20 worth from my unlimited toast w/ jam. Katie likes to joke and ask if i have had enough, as I hadn't quite finished the loaf yet. We managed to do lower cost activities by just exploring the city on foot or using public transit. The botanical gardens were one highlight as there was a lot of flora to take in there, my favorite was the bonsai garden exhibiting over 20 different types of bonsai plants. I would really like to try and grow a bonsai plant when we return home...we'll see how that turns out.

Food in Little India was very good, as long as you enjoy (as you have guessed)..... Indian food. We kept mostly to the food stalls selling a selection of rice/veggies and meats, more than you can eat for about $6 SG, thats like $4-$4.50 CAD. All was fun in Singapore and I allowed myself a couple of delights from back home such as McDonald's coffees and we even saw the Micheal Jackson movie in a very nice theatre with pop and popcorn. The movie, This is It, was sadly a little disappointing (not at all whatI was hoping for from his movie).

Anymore, I'll tell everyone more about Singapore when we return....I want to start writing about Vietnam, but our bus is here to take us from Saigon to Mui Ne, so I have to go. I'll update the blog soon though and tell about the amazing war relics from the Vietnam War around Saigon and our great little trip through the Mekong River Delta in South West Vietnam....Thanks for reading my blog everybody.....Hope all is well in Canada.

1 comment: